Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Broome. Last day of Preparation

    May 12, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    12 May. Day 10.

    Broome. Last day of Preparation

    A compulsory walk and swim at Cable Beach a bit after sunrise. It certainly is an iconic beach. Almost endless. And then an obligatory coffee at Zanders. Breaky back at the van, then bike assembly and adjustments time. Juergs had bought his bike across from the US with him. It had gone astray on transit in San Fransisco, but was recovered before they left Singapore. Chris rode into town to find an air conditioned cafe to do some computer admin work. Amy, Juergs and I went into town to do a bit of the tourist bits. It’s a nice town where they have done a good job to recreate the Chinese and Japanese heritage.
    Pretty unique too. An airport and a jail right in the middle of town!

    At 4pm 4 of us participated in the Gibb warmup. A ride down Cable Beach to Gantheone Point and back, about 12 kms. We each won a prize in the participants raffle!
    It was then time for a frothie sundowner at Zander’s to take in the sunset. Needless to say it did not disappoint. Big yellow, orange then red glow. It was Amy and Juergs only opportunity to see a NW ocean sunset.

    We had a terrific team dinner at the Bali Hai, dining outside of course. Everybody together for the first time. A bit of team strategy talk especially relating to the big one on day one. The rest of the evening, very sociable banter.
    The food and service were excellent.
    Read more