Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Back to Broome!

    May 29, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    May 29. Day 27.

    Broome. 0900/1330. 310 KM.

    Back to Broome!

    An easy day today. Straight down the blacktop to Broome. Stopped at Willare Roadhouse for fuel, coffee and a sanbo. Another $300- plus upload of diesel.
    About 100 km out from Broome, ping, and we had a stone chip in the windscreen. Ironic, from a small sedan car on a bitumen road. After all the passing of heavy trucks and road trains etc on dirt roads.
    On arrival Broome we went straight to a windscreen repair workshop. It was still a chip only, no crack having yet developed. An hour later after a resin injection, and $100-, the windscreen was like brand new. Next stop was the car wash. Car and van were absolutely filthy with red dust, in and out. After reloading the spray machine and vacuum cleaner about 6 times with multiple $2 - coins, both were looking considerably cleaner.

    We checked into Tarangau Caravan Park this time, as Julie and Paul Rumble, who we had last seen in Exmouth, were staying there. Nice facility with lots of shady trees and more on the smaller side, quieter and with friendly fellow travellers. And a 5 minute bike ride to Cable Beach. Will definitely stay here again as the preferred CP.

    We had dinner at Grinreab Thai, with Julie and Paul, and it was excellent. Nice to put some spice back into the diet.

    Tarangau Caravan Park (5 star)

    Relatively small caravan park, decent sized bays and a lot of shade. Good facilities, everything you need.
    $55-/night, $65-/ night in high season (June 1st+).
    5 minute bike ride to Cable Beach.
    Telstra mobile: 4 bars, 4G
    Wifi, but supposedly limited to 200mb per day!
    Read more