Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Starbucks Reserve...

    April 17 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Another fun packed itinerary after a light breakfast at the hotel.

    We headed to Starbucks Reserve for a tasting session. Seattle is home to the first Starbucks Reserve Roastery. Only nine blocks from the original Starbucks Pike Place store.

    A great tasting session and insight on coffee trends that started right here. We tried *Whiskey Barrel-Aged "Cold Fashioned" *Oleato Deconstructed *Nitro Cold Brew Affogato (my favourite) The only Starbucks to Roast and package on site before being shipped all over the world.

    We then took a short taxi ride to the waterfront, where we boarded a narrated Harbor Tour courtesy of Argosy Cruise. We had perfect sunshine which made for beautiful views of the Emerald City skyline. Loved the Smiths Tower and seeing clear mountain views to my right and city/stadiums to the left.

    Lunch was at Ivars Fish Bar. Great for a quick bite to eat. Watch out for the Seagulls.

    A little time after lunch to explore the waterfront which included Seattle Aquarium, The Great Wheel and Wings over Washington (theatre style ride which feels like you are flying through the Seattle/Washington state) Also a little time for souvenirs.

    A short walknback towards the hotel and a few more blocks took us to SAM (Seattle Art Museum) We didn't get much time here but managed to see enough of the exhibitions and feature art from around the world.

    A further stroll to Bill Speidels Underground Tour at Pioneer Square. This tour was a bit irry but I was intrigued to find out more about what use to be situated underground. Subterranean storefronts and sidewalks which were built on top of after the great fire of 1889.

    Finally we were ready for dinner and this place did not disappoint. My favourite dinner spot on this trip. Bangrak Market offers fabulous Thai street food. The venue was colourful and packed. A very popular choice, a lively atmosphere but still casual.

    A late drink to finish the evening at rooftop bar, The Nest. A popular meeting point that gets busy during weekends. We were lucky to find a spot as it was a Wednesday evening. Stunning views down to the waterfront and Pike Place Market.
    Read more