Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Bainbridge Island

    April 20 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Breakfast to go from the Aloft then transfer to the ferry terminal. Departing on Washington State Ferries to Bainbridge Island.
    The ferry was a seemless 35 minute journey. Very smooth and great views to the right of mountains then to the left the Emerald City skyline.

    Christina From Visit Bainbridge met the group at the port and guided us to the local shops, museum of art. A small quaint museum with contemporary art and craft of the Puget Sound region. After purchasing a few local souvenirs we made our way on foot to Cafe Hitchcock. Great lunch spot, perhaps because it was the weekend, it was very busy but we were quickly seated and provided with menus. I opted for a chicken salad which was delicious and very filling.

    After lunch we would stretch our legs at Bloedel Reserve. A truly wonderful garden of nature. A short walking tour but enough time to get a glimpse of what people can expect here.

    Then, on to our first tasting at Fletcher Bay Winery where we each had a flight sampling a mix of wines also local Gin, Vodka and whiskey. A nice touch was the bakery treat we got to sample from the local bakery nearby.

    Our transfer then took us to the Inn at Pleasant Beach. We were shown around the hotel grounds which were stunning. And got to see one of the rooms which were all unique.
    A lovely relaxed feel here, away from hustle and bustle of city life. Locals often stay here. The site has a dog grooming palour where they will also dog sit if you want to venue out on the island. A restaurant within the complex, a pub and a few shops. Also has an outdoor pool, gym and spa facilities.

    We dined at the Marketplace restaurant, pleasant Beach Village. Where you can grab a coffee from the coffee house or purchase from the delicatessen. Serves a variety of food options with families often visiting in the morning for freshly baked pastries. Chilled vibe and a friendly atmosphere.

    Finally to finish our evening we got to listen to Seattle singer songwriter Nick Drummond at the hotel bar before catch a late ferry back to Seattle.
    Read more