Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4: Mykonos, Greece

    June 24, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today started with a rush of adrenaline.

    We made our ferry to Mykonos with 3 minutes to spare and that's not even an overexageration. The guy sent us to the wrong side of the port and we had to run with our backpacks to make it on time. The good point about the ferry ride was that we were supposed to sit in economy in the cafeteria, but we ended up getting some seats inside and having a nice nap. Zoe and Alex also let me practice my French braids.

    When we arrived in Mykonos, we certainly put our seat belts on. The driver would race down one ways and when we would come face to face with another car or if the car in front was going to slow for him, he'd yell "Malaka! Malaka!" which means "Move fat boy move" according to him. They are psycho, but they sure can drive. When we finally made it to our hostel, or shall I say bunker, we settled in and went to the beach.

    To end off the evening, we had some good food, drinks and conversation with Ohio-ins and Massachusetts-ins. I also managed to lose a contact, a pill and bent my converter charger all in the same night, but at least the beach is beautiful. :)
    Read more