Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5: Mykonos, Greece

    June 25, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Today was beach day.

    We hit the beach and pool for the most part of the day. The beach is really nice and it was really really hot. We all got slightly burnt, but not too bad, and we are slightly scarred by the image of old men swimming and sun tanning naked.

    The best part of the day was really the evening. We took a bus to the old port of Mykonos and it was really nice! We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant which was amazing. We then walked around and walked in a bunch of little stores and ended up getting lost with all the little streets and missing our 11:15 p.m. bus, but it didn't end up so bad as we just went to get ice cream (which was really good) before catching the next at 12:15 a.m. I didn't get any good pictures of the alleys with all the shops, but I don't think any picture could have really shown just how nice it was.

    Even though Mykonos is really nice, we look forward to heading to Santorini! We're not allowed to eat food other than that purchased from the hostel (which is expensive) and we only have one plug. So we either have to sacrifice the fan or sacrifice charging our phones... Lol

    Also! Two quick tips for Greece: (1) The bread they put on the table is not free (they will charge you about two euros per person to eat it) and (2) If the bread is free, there is most likely a service fee that will be added on your bill that includes letting you use their utensils and eat their bread.
    Read more