Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10: Adriatic Sea

    June 30, 2017, Ionian Sea ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    I don't even know how we made it, but we did.

    The time to the bus station to catch our bus to Patras at 2 o'clock was 45 minutes so we left at 12:20 to be safe. We ended up getting lost as Google directed us to a bus stop that didn't exist. After spending too much time looking and asking a local who didn't know where it was either, we decided to run to the metro and take that instead.

    We ended up getting to the bus station at exactly 2 o'clock, but the bus was full so we had to wait to take the 3 o'clock one. The ride to Patras is 2.5-3 hours and our ferry was at 6 to go to Italy... We ended up getting to Patras at 5:40, jumping in a taxi, telling him to step on it, and making our ferry with five minutes to spare. We've never been so happy, sweaty and hungry.

    At least before we left our Airbnb, we had made sandwiches and pasta to eat on the ferry as it's 16 hours long to go to Bari, Italy. Our host for the Airbnb was super friendly and we were able to do all our laundry and use her kitchen to make all our food. We also lost one of our three musketeers today as Alex headed back to Israel this morning.
    Read more