Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 11: Bari, Italy

    July 1, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today we arrived in Bari after a 16 hour ferry ride. The ferry ride didn't turn out to be so bad and felt like it was actually pretty quick.

    When we arrived in Bari, google told us of yet another bus that didn't exist so when we asked around and no one knew, one of the port guards asked the Police. Since they couldn't find the bus either, they told us to get in a gave us a lift to our Airbnb. They were really nice and gave us some tips about Bari. There car was really small so the backseat was full with us and our two backpacks.

    Our Airbnb was pretty nice too. They had a cute 2 and a half year old son (or daughter - Zoe and I are debating as I heard Liam and she heard Lea, but he looked like a boy). At one point we were napping and we heard our door creeking so I went to go check and he was in the hallway.

    At night, we had a nice walk around the city and went to a pizzeria recommended by our Airbnb host. It was delicious, but took us a while to find it as it goes by three names apparently and we only knew 2/3 and it wasn't the one listed on the outside of the restaurant. Zoe had a Margharita pizza and I had a Caprese and then we walked around the town a bit and walked in a few stores (including H&M).

    It's a cute little town and it was nice to see it. Our Airbnb was right by the water too which made for a nice walk. :)
    Read more