Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Day 44: Innsbruck, Austria

    August 3, 2017 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Everywhere you walk in Innsbruck you can see the mountains. It looks like the view is always out of a calendar.

    Today we took the Hungerburg Funicular up to the Hafelekar which is 7,400 ft up. We took pictures, enjoyed the view and met a bad ass two year old who's climbed the mountain with her mom over 75 times (according to the mom).

    We took a walk through the city and saw the famous Golden Roof and Triumphal Arch. Before we did any of it, we also grabbed breakfast at The Breakfast Club. It was priced really well for Austria and was really good! We were laughing because their breakfasts are 1/3 of the size of Canadian ones (but their menus make them sound so much bigger).

    For dinner, we wanted to try authentic Austrian food before heading to Switzerland. We found a good place on Trip Advisor and walked all the way there to find out it's closed for summer break until the 10th of August. We ended up going to a random restaurant to have Schnitzel and potato salad. It turned out to be really good.

    When we got back, we threw in our laundry and started packing for the next day. Whenever we learn how to use a machine we switch places and have to learn again. No one was there to help us with these machines unfortunately and google translate was no help. We ended up having our clothes in the dryer for three hours. Thankfully we hung the clothesline in the backyard to hang up the stuff that didn't.

    Note to self (and future backpackers) = clothesline and clothes pins are essential while backpacking.
    Read more