Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Day 52: Munich, Germany

    August 11, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Today we had signed up for an 11 hour Mike's Bike Tour of the Neuschwanstein Castle (aka Sleeping Beauty Castle) with our friends we met in Switzerland.

    It turned out to be a really fun day even though it poured. We still went for a bike ride and couldn't see much as it was so cloudy, but then we all went to a really good restaurant where we had Bavarian Mac and Cheese and some kind of delicious dessert.

    The Castle turned out to be really cool too. They spent 17 years building it and when the King died, they immediately stopped building it and it opened to the public within weeks. It's honestly gorgeous and our tour guides were really good. Zoe didn't think she needed her poncho for the second half of the tour so when it started pouring, she ended up jumping in mine (with me) and using my sleeve as a hood.

    Also, a fun fact is that we drove on the Autobahn! I was expecting cars to be driving so fast that I couldn't see them, but it really wasn't that intense. On the way there there was a little traffic, but on the way home, cars were certainly flying right past the bus.
    Read more