Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    The first early morning Etosha, Part II

    November 20, 2019 in Namibia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    The Etosha’s pan looked like a big lake on the map but it’s actually a salt flat, which looked very dry and had a little vegetation grown on it. The northern part of Namibia is experiencing a drought since last year. The animals in Etosha are OK with a few natural and more man-made waterholes. It’s said that big numbers of wild animals died in Khaudum National Park that’s adjacent to Botswana.

    Continuing on to explore the east side of the park we saw animals here and there. The most memorable one was at a big man-made waterhole called Stinkywater where we saw so many animals gathering around it’s almost like in a Disney movie. Most were zebras, wildbeasts, kudu, oryx... some of them just stood there, doing nothing. A few antelopes were even sitting on the ground, very relaxed. Too bad my phone camera couldn’t catch it. But I took one zebra having its penis erect long. LOL. We sat there quite long time, at least a half hour, just to look at them, amazed. Finn took many pictures of a few zebras standing in a row aligned. Their stripes looked folding on each other.

    Satisfied with this morning hunt we rushed back to the camp to have breakfast, muesli and milk, packed our chairs and table and kept on going.
    Read more