Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    San Cristobal, Galapogus

    December 26, 2016 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    San Cristobal is an awesome island if you are a surfer. It's also a great place as it seems to be the upmarket island where everything is a little newer and obviously a little bit more expensive. (We did it pretty cheap)
    When we arrived the surf was a little small so after 1 day we went to Kicker rock where I dived and Holly snorkeled. I was very excited to see a hammer head shark along with loads of white tip reef sharks, Galapogus sharks, turtles and tons of fish.
    The last couple of days i have been surfing. The two spots include Cannons, a left hander on a navy base thats dangerously close to rocks and punta Carola a world class right point. Both waves are easy to access. Cannons had howling offshore while Carola was a little sideshore but up the face. I did score Carola with light winds by myself at 3+ feet which was magical.
    Surfing with so much wildlife around is weird. I had a sealion bite my leash and often mistook the turtles and sealions for rocks or sharks.
    The crowds were very minimal and waves were quality. All photos are from the small day before the swell picked up.
    It's been an amazing place and we can't wait to see Peru.
    Read more