Satellite
  • Day 48

    Work Away

    May 21, 2017 in Bulgaria ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    It rained pretty hard in the night. I was half hoping we wouldn't have to get up because it was too wet... but we did 😒 lol
    I'm pretty happy this new system has the option of using my emoticon keyboard 🤓😋🎉🤗
    The neighbours dog was barking all friggen night.
    It was more annoying that the bird who also made its daily appearance. Except today it was around 3am - so later than normal.
    When I got up I was happy that outside wasn't as icey as yesterday. I was fretting that it would be cold and wet and I would hate life. Nope, just wet.
    We swapped groups today so Johanna, Will, Ilse and I went to the rose field by the lake. The view makes the morning a little easier.
    I think I have a slight infection from my splinter/the hole I created in the attempt to get them out in my finger so picking with both hands was a little painful sometimes this morning. The roses were so wet though so my hands became pruney and that would have helped.
    It was so muddy. The boots Will bought were a great investment. It took a little while with only 4 of us because there were so many today!! We had to empty our collection bags several times. I think the water made it twice as heavy though. It sprinkled while we were picking but it wasn't too bad.
    I was exasperated by the fact that it seemed over 50% of the blossomed roses were in amongst the mud and not on the top, easy to reach branches 😪
    We had to wipe our shoes vigorously before getting back in the car.
    We had a trailer this morning ( don't know why) but when Johanna reversed it didn't go straight and ended up ending sideways and hitting the car lol. She is honestly such a bad driver.
    We then went to the long field (the ones we picked 2nd yesterday. Johanna had an awkward, loud disagreement with Danny on the phone about who was picking what field. Apparently Danny pampers the gypsy helpers too much haha.
    Omg the second field never seems to end. It only has 9 rows but they go on forever. Johanna was in a cranky mood so she was on fire and picked like a machine lol.
    Danny then dropped Matthew, Stacey and Johnny (Jowney) off at our field then took the gypsies to the top field for them to pick alone.
    Will and Ilse talked to each other a lot so that was good.
    We were right, she is gay. Her girlfriend is Australian.
    Stereotypes are so funny. They exists for reasons.
    In my head I've diagnosed her with polycystic ovaries - she has a fluffy chin.
    I should be a doctor.
    Once we were done we got driven back in 2 groups so we could fit in the car. I was group 1 woohoo.
    We had French toast for breakfast when we got back. Or was delicious with cinnamon sugar.
    I then went to the tent and finally watched ice age 3. Loved it.
    I got up and had a snooze in the lounge chair.
    We booked our accommodation in Veliko Tărnovo- it's more expensive that I would have liked.. but oh well. We have hardly spent any money the past 2 weeks. We got a private apartment so I'm keen about that - oh. And about having a flushing toilet.
    I've put betadine on my toe and fingers to help with the puss filled war wounds and had a shower. I'm getting over getting dressed on the side of a bath tub. The floor is too dirty to stand on 😩
    I was so hungry. It was 2:50 when we had lunch.
    Wasting away.... ok actually put on like 5 kgs cause of all the delicious food hahah
    It was pasta. Pretty eh but was happy to have something in my tummy.
    I asked Dad if the ancestry DNA results were back and they were! I'll have to check properly on the computer later because my phone doesn't show the results properly but I'm excited to have a proper look. From my quick scan it says I might be 10% from Spain/Portugal area which is kinda cool :)

    I tried to lay in the sun but the wind was too cold so I went to the tent and read a lot of my book.
    Secrets really stress me out in stories and I can't relax until everyone knows the truth ... the secrets out so I can now read in peace and is probably why I was able to read so much in the one setting -I haven't been able to do that all book. I read the first 3 books in this series with in 2 days and I've been on this book for 3 months..
    Hopefully I finish it in the next few days now. 🎉
    We got called to dinner and it tasted disgusting - I was accidentally very, very rude.
    I had a bite and it was horrid so in my brain I thought to myself "hey Will hasn't dished his up yet, I'll give him my plate so that it's not wasted"
    I had good intentions but goodness it was rude of me to take a bite and pass it on immediately in front of the cook. I wasn't thinking and I felt bad 😓
    I think she was offended but I tried to make her forget it by starting conversation.
    We talked a lot about Australian slang.
    The food was a rice, cabbage, mince meat mix. Only I HATE cabbage and the mince meat was the lowest quality I've ever had.
    Now in bed and I want to keep reading but I really should go to bed. I didn't have my second nap today hahaha

    Will has had a scab on his nose since before we left snd it's still there and it's gross. We think he scratches it in his sleep so today I'm putting a bandaid on his face :)

    Will Skyped Sachin for 1.5hours today. He spoke so loudly because a) he was wearing headphone and b) because he always does on Skype - I don't know why.. but it was embarrassing.
    I went over to tell him to shut up and had a quick chat with Sachin too. I said bye once the convo turned back to cars.
    Read more