Satellite
  • Day 57

    Sofia

    May 30, 2017 in Bulgaria ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Korea next to me - who kept everyone up ALL night didn't hide her annoyance well that the rooms weren't made up because 3 of us slept in.
    Tough titties - all they do is make the bed anyway, if that.. they don't change the sheets, so surely a self sufficient adult can make there own bed if it bothers them that much. She is really annoying. Jean (Wills new American friend) agrees. His heritage is South Korean too but he hates them and thinks they are all too materialistic lol.
    We went to the shopping center this morning to buy me a new phone cord because my phone won't charge. it was only 7 euro - cheering! We also bought me a Mickey Mouse shirt and socks from H&M because while the weather is so shitty things don't dry and I don't have enough shirts. 1 extra will help! Also 2 pairs of my socks now have holes in them so needed more.
    We had breakfast in the food court and just walked around a bit. It was the main Sofia mall and the best one we have seen on our travels so far.
    We went back for the hostel to chill out. We have made the decision to just pay the ridiculous taxi fair in Belgium because id rather just bite the bullet than be lost at midnight in a brand new city. - I messaged our host to let her know.
    I also googled things to do in Brussels and Ghent - pretty excited
    We don't know what to do now that we are back In Sofia so I did some googling and in my search I have discovered the proper names of things we have already done so I'd like to talk this opportunity to note that we have seen:
    - The lovers bridge
    - Serdika - Sredets fortress
    - National theatre "Ivan Vazor"
    ✔️✔️
    The snorer, I think was surprised and annoyed to find us in the room. I think she isn't very social and doesn't want company. She stayed a little bit but then left again.
    I was trying to find a new book to read or rather picking which one out of 30 options :D
    I like that kindle gives you samples of books so you dont waste your money! Great system!!

    Will was hungry so we went to dinner and the Asian place we really liked last time.
    I took more photos of things I have already seen so I can add them to this journal because I'm not sure if everything made the cut when I switched to this new system with the stupid 6 photos a day limit.

    Dinner was fantastic except I was ripped off BIG TIME with my drink. It was 90% crushed ice. I had 3 sips and it was finished. Was so disappointed because I loved it last time!
    Roland Garros was playing behind me. Stupid Murray. I told Will about the strawberries and cream picture which he didn't find funny but I always will.

    On the walk over we saw old mate who walks like he has huge muscles like Popeye but is half the size of me. He brings me great joy.

    We walked home and Will wanted me to lead the way - I got us lost :)
    We walked up Vitosha boulevard again got a scoop of icecream for 1€ and are now back in the room.

    So I bought a book off kindle - Lusam - the dragon mags wars and I finished it in a few hours #smashedit.
    It wasn't overly exciting but has done a fantastic job at setting everything up for the next 3 books. I'm excited to read them.
    Snorey snorison is snoring at the moment but no where near as bad as yesterday. She also cracks a lot.
    The cracks are so loud i have only ever heard Kim achieve such a sound. -
    Angharad never forget that time in our year 111/12 ancient history exam when cracked her back so outrageously everyone - including Mr Simac stopped what they were doing to talk about it.
    Always remember Mitchell ".... oh my god"
    Hyperventilating into my pillow thinking about it.
    Read more