Satellite
  • Day 59

    Sofia

    June 1, 2017 in Bulgaria ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Woke up late. The chick is killing me but she has now left for Serbia woo!
    We went to Dunken Donuts first and had one donut each to hold us over until we found somewhere for lunch.
    After lunch we went to the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral for one final look. I honestly love it.
    We then went for a walk around the city and went to the St. George church which we have seen before but haven't actually gone inside - it's the oldest one in Sofia (from 4th century and has original roof) - it was nothing special. It was free entry which was great but had a sign at the front that made me fume. It said it was free entry but if you buy from the shop inside God would bless you. What a load of crap. You shouldn't use God for your own gain. It's not a bloody magic trick. If all it took for God to 'bless' you was for someone to buy a postcard then there would be a lot less evil in this world. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that and I thought that sign was disgusting.

    We then went home again because I had a small head ache - we lay around until dinner time and went to the common room for the free food. It was the same options as last time so I just got pasta with no sauce.
    (I finished the 2nd book in that time - loving the new series!)
    We then went for a walk through the city because it's our last night. We had some gelato and Will had a kebab and slice of pizza so essentially 4 dinners haha.
    I had a bite of his 'Ali Baba' kebab and it was gooood.
    We sat by the markets as they were closing - there was such a fat dog. Don't know if it was a stray or not but it obvious doesn't struggle hah.
    We found a church we hadn't seen before - don't think it has any significance but beautiful none the less.
    We are now back at the dorm.
    Genuinely so excited to leave Bulgaria and go to Belgium tomorrow. Our flight is at night though so we have a long wait ahead of us. We still have jobs to do like pack and print off our boarding passes though.
    Read more