Satellite
  • Day 168

    London

    September 18, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    Last day wooooooooooooo!
    We had breakfast then headed into London to drop the car back off. Our gps said it would take 30 minutes - it took over an hour and a half because of the ridiculousness that is London. Can't deal. Get me out.
    We returned the car and were not sure if Jess has to pay for Damage - they gave her a receipt that noted the dent but didn't say anything so we left.... they dont have a credit card on file for her though - only a debit card with no money in it lol.???
    We headed towards Harrods through Hyde park. I walked through that damn park for hours with Shelly but still didn't recognized the section I was in today.
    Harrods was a bore. I told them it would be butJess really wanted to see it. It was full of ugly stuff that I wouldnt buy even if I had the money. The sweets room was probably the funkiest.
    We couldn't even walk into the perfume bit because it was so overbearing and toxic!!
    We caught 2 underground trains to then go to Camden markets.
    It was a stupid layout but had some cool shops. Me and Jess couldn't not be more different in our dress styles. She was keen for all the goth shops with skulls, lace and corsets.
    She use to be one of those ridiculous goth people theough high school and she told me she wore a goth outfit to her year 10 formal AND AND AND took with her a stuffed dog attached to a lead 😂😂😂😂 SCREAMING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    We would not have been friends.

    We had lunch and it was pretty good for markets.
    I went to a vegan shop that sold bacon though ......? I ate it and I'm 99% it was pig and not the fake natural ingredient stuff.

    No one bought anything but we walked around for ages.

    Caught 3 trains home but on the last train it was lucky we had a nice ticket inspector because we did it wrong... we were on the overground - all other overground have taken Oyster cards but not this one apparently.
    GOOD SIGNAGE LONDON.....
    We explained that we re tapped on and he was really nice about it. He let us buy our tickets from him rather than charge us a fare evasion fee. It was 23£ for the 3 of us 😒
    He got off at our station with us because he approached us just as we were arriving at St. Albans where we needed to get off.
    Damn ticket gates were open when we arrived - if he was just a minute later we wouldn't have had to pay lol

    We walked 6 km home and Jess was less than impressed. They started to bicker again and I told them to shut up. Lol

    We had dinner and then went to the hotel to pack.
    Jess has taken some of my souvenirs - only my books she couldn't fit and yet somehow I found it harder than usual to close my bag.

    We took it in turns to mind little man because he likes to unpack.

    I took him down to reception with me to get a sewing kit and print of our boarding passes. He walked the whole way down and had a blast! He was so excited to go on a little adventure!! He was so puffed when he got back ha

    I took him for a few more laps down the corridor becusse he had so much fun hah.

    SO KEEN TO LEAVE BRITAIN.
    Read more