Satellite
  • Day 246

    Rome

    December 5, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 6 °C

    So Will got home after 5am.
    So our sleep In was grand.
    I woke him at 12:30 because I felt awkward sitting there with the cleaning dude busying himself in the room.

    We left and headed to the colosseum. We stopped in for breakfast. Will was basically on his death bed. He was incredibly hungover and falling asleep at the table.
    While annoyed at this that was nothing compared to my grief towards finding out his Caesar salad he didn't eat was €14.
    To be fair it was the worst salad I have ever seen (who puts tomato and corn in a Caesar?) but still.

    He needed to go back to bed so I was a loving girlfriend and allowed him to.
    Back home we walked.
    Once there he was out within a minute.

    I am to be compensated by being allowed to buy another souvenir.

    I had a nap too because I was bored.

    He was starving when he woke me up at 6 so we went out to dinner at an Indian place.
    Good food.

    Back home.

    We have now booked tickets to the Vatican tomorrow and SUPER EXPENSIVE tickets to the colosseum because we both agreed from the beginning it's something that interests us both. We are getting a live guide, skip the queue and access to the the underground section too.
    99€ each -- EEEEEKKKKKK.

    I had a pre arranged skype date with Jacinta at 12am so I took the laptop downstairs.
    Unfortunately people were in the "social room" (there is a sign that has designated as such) but I ignored them in the hope they would leave. They didn't.

    Jacinta did so much talking I probably sounded crazy buy muttering very few words at spread out intervals. It wouldn't have been that obvious I was on Skype with someone haaha

    Good to chat with her.
    Read more