Satellite
  • Day 311

    Paris

    February 8, 2018 in France ⋅ ⛅ -3 °C

    Anddd tonight we have a big snorer lol.

    Woke up wayyyy later than we meant to.
    We were ready to leave by 1 😅😅

    We bought our tickets to the catacombs at reception for 11€ each - we got a discount for being under 26
    Yewww.

    Walked to the metro and used our tickets from yesterday.
    We got out at the halfway point to go see Notre Dame.
    Because of my awesome hunch back I have been called quasiemodo before so I felt very connected to the building HAHA 😂😂😂
    Great movie - watch when home. (Hunchback of Notre dame)

    Before we went inside we got food.
    Bloody hell what a rip off! Lucky it was nice but portions were some of that master chef crap.

    Annoying family nearby too. Mum On phone and kid causing issues pissing of the waiters too. He kept bumping into our table.
    Shoo.

    We then went back over and entered the church.
    Stain glass galore but other than that not that amazing.

    Walked around the circuit then headed back to the metro - our tickets worked again 🤔🤔 so didn't but another one woo

    There was a lady who was completely trashed on the train. She physically pushed people off the seats so she could sit and was rambling. She was actually very well dressed considering her state. She didn't give off normal hobo vibes.

    Catacombs were opposite the metro.

    We had such a confusing line up. No signage and we got told to change lines with 2 other American girls who also had tickets 3 separate times by 3 different workers.
    We were like what the hell make up your mind.
    The last time was when a worker told us to come back to our original line and took us through
    Come on mannnn.

    Straight through and that was it. We didn't need supervision so it was a Self guided woohooo -

    Will was a bit apprehensive because he thought he would have to duck a lot and we almost didn't do it because of this but the first bit (just tunnel no bones) was only a little bit to short. He had to lower his neck but not bend his back but there was also high sections where we could rest. When we got to the bones bit it was high enough the whole time.

    The bone section was awesome. So aesthetically pleasing too. A lot of it was in patterns.

    One was morbid as hell though.
    Some one had arranged skulls into a heart.....

    The tunnels went on for ages but you didn't grow bored rather you got more impressed by the amount.
    So many tunnels were closed off too. You only see such a small portion and it's still so much!

    We caught the metro home - ticket was still valid???
    🎉🎉🎉🎉

    We chilled in our room before going next door for dinner.
    My Quesadillas were fantastic!

    I have packed (Will still hasn't of course) and Laura just sent through our bus tickets for tomorrow.
    Last country tomorrow woohooo!!

    1 week with Laura
    1 workaway
    A few days in Dublin then home!!
    YAYAYAY
    Read more