Satellite
  • Day 313

    Transit

    February 10, 2018 in Ireland ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    Told people to be quite at 6am cause they were just chatting away not even trying to whisper.
    Another dude made comment that it's what you paid for, it's not a hotel.
    Such a bad attitude. It doesn't mean you don't consider others.
    Felt like waiting until he was asleep and start playing a drum set.
    "It's what you pay for"
    Dick.

    We checked out and went next door for breakfast.
    It was snowing so hard I was stressed our flight would be cancelled.

    Went to station and bought tickets for €20 grumble grumble. We thought it was the same price as the last tickets - a lovely €2
    We stood on the platform for ages not knowing what was happening because alllooooot of people were waiting with luggage. Time was getting on so I asked some
    French people what the go was. They said that the train were delayed because of a fire but they would come.

    10 minutes later an anouncment came over the speaker - trains not coming until 3pm....

    Not sure if reason was snow or random fire. I am under the impression it was the snow.

    Everyone's only option now was to get a taxi...... fk me.

    We were happy though cause we asked for a €20 refund at the ticket place and they gave it to us. Ticket man said taxi could be about €50. 😓😓😓😪😪😪

    We waited at the taxi bay. Everyone kept snaking the taxis. We found 2 people to share with.

    After a lot of effort and aggression we got in a people mover under the agreement it would be 20€ each.

    Didn't have another option so we got in.
    We were facing backwards so Will was close to vomiting.
    The dude opposite had coffee breath so that didn't help.
    He dropped the first bunch of people at terminal 2 and I made comment €20 each isn't it.
    HAAAAAA no it's €30. He changed it. It would have been nice if someone had translated this to us.
    I was extra angry about it all because the meter read €45. The driver got €210. Total greed.

    He took us to terminal 1.

    So much snowwwwww.

    Check in was open though so it hadn't yet been cancelled..

    Got through security. Bloody hell Will is useless. He went first and couldn't answer any of the security questions about our trip timeline. I had to yell out for him.
    Happy with my stamp.

    Bought a magnet and we got a baguette each.

    Wait wait wait.

    Boarded our flight with aer lingus. We had a good giggle at most Irish announcement ever.
    Lady was like if these passengers are on board please make yourselves known

    McGreggor
    McDoughal
    McDonald
    McBride
    O'Larry.

    They also had the head lady speak the security demonstration which I haven't seen in memory.

    Snoozed.

    Landed.

    Converted some of our left over Croatian money and Jess' Icelandic leftovers. It covered our mornings taxi lol.

    Went through security. I am going to make a review on google about stansted airport and mention our custom officers number from the U.K. because she had written in our passports we spend 6 months in the U.K. Which we did not.... that's obviously what she meant when she said we couldn't come back - because she has put us down for using all our allowed time.

    This was not a problem because we had 10 other stamps proving that not to be true.....
    total wank.

    Got our bags and had some dinner while we waited for our bus.

    Found bus stop and waited 20 minutes.
    Got on bus number 32 but was told it was the wrong 32.
    Went to get on the next 32 but it was full.
    Bus drivers had a chat and we got back on the first bus.

    The plan was that at the halfway point we would swap back onto the correct bus. Cause that doesn't five me stress....

    Changed bus about an hour in. It all went fine. Thankfully we weren't the only ones so we had people to follow.

    Total journey was 3.5hours.
    Felt totally badass because we entered Northern Ireland which is part of the U.K. #illegalimmigrant

    Laura met us with a sign and I drove us to her house.

    Met her dog, Polar who is a white German Shepard.
    Played with dog. Admired fireplaces then went to bed .
    Read more