Satellite
  • Moving day!

    March 23, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today involves so much driving and moving around.
    I went from Epping - West Ryde - Gladesville - Epping - Asquith - Epping - Gladesville- West Ryde - Gladesville - Asquith - West Ryde to Gladesville.
    We are bloody buggered.

    So we went in to sign the lease at 8:15 this morning. Pretty straight forward I think.
    We got given the keys - the garage door buzzer is the size of a brick. Very impractical. Lol
    We then drove to gladesville to have a look at the apartment - someone had left a wee in our toilet 😅- we drove back to get dad to then went on to pick up the moving truck from Asquith/Hornsby. Dad got in the truck with Will - I watched them drive home in my mirrors the whole way to make sure they were doing ok - they were really slow and we accidentally took the road trucks can’t go on but once your on you can’t get off... hehe oh well.
    Bit too windy for trucks haha.

    Once home the team plan was the men who actually have upper body strength were to bring the boxes out to the truck then I would maneuver them into position inside the truck.
    It took ages and every one was covered in sweat.
    It was exactly what you’d think - just moving boxes around.
    Once the truck was full we drove to gladesville - I was so excited to show mum and dad the apartment.
    such a TA DA moment. So pleased with ourselves hahah.
    We had some lunch before we unpacked the truck. The effort was real. 😂😂

    Once all the stuff was in mum and dad went home.
    Will went to his house to get the mattress but I got a call saying he had hurt his arm and needed help so I drove over to West Ryde. We packed up the tv and mattress and drove over to gladesville again.
    I was getting really over driving places haha

    Even though Will had a sore arm he got fed up with my uselessness at the halfway mark and carried the stuff himself hahaha.

    Right. Next up was returning the truck. Boooooo
    I was falling asleep. I wasn’t sleepy. I was TIRED. Most of the time I think I’m sleepy - this was felt in my bones lol.

    We drove back to Hornsby to drop off the truck then stopped in at Beecroft to order Chinese food on the way back to West Ryde to get the remaining stuff.

    Our final leg: back to gladesville.
    Fk me what a big day.

    Will was on furniture making.
    Harry was on unpacking boxes.

    We both called it a night around 10:30.
    Exhausted. Hardly made a dint 😂😭😅

    Love our new apartment though! 🤗
    More fun tomorrow!
    Read more