Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Denver Airport

    June 13, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 64 °F

    Hanging out before our next flight.

    Interesting story to tell about our flight. Will update when I can use my keyboard later.

    So the flight from Eugene to Denver, Brenda and I got to our seats with the window seat empty. We knew that the flight was full so we were expecting someone. When the lady arrived, she said that we could just slide over and she would take the aisle. I said, "That's ok, we will get up and you can get in." Especially since Brenda needs the aisle for her restless leg issues.

    She had a giant bag with her that she put in the corner. She then proceeded to walk on the seats rather than use the space in front. She let us know that she would often need to get up and use the bathroom, so that we weren't allowed to complain.

    She then left her stuff and went to the back of the plane to go use the bathroom.

    While gone, the lady across the aisle from us, said we handled that well and was impressed that we didn't just move over and let the woman have her way.

    At the time, there were two empty seats next to her and I said I'd be willing to trade passengers, sight unseen :-) She said "No way!"

    Well, after a bit, a very nice older lady comes by and points to our window seat and says that is where she is sitting. We said, that someone else was already there and we would have to check. About that same time, the other lady returned and sure enough, the seat walker was in the wrong spot, she was actually in the window across from us, sitting in the same row as the other lady.

    I handed the lady her stuff so she wouldn't have a chance to walk on the seats again, and when she was going to her actual seat, the aisle lady requested that she NOT walk on the seats, as she didn't bring an extra change of clothes and didn't want her clothes getting dirty from the footprints.

    The lady went to her seat and actually never left it during the trip.

    The older lady that sat next to us didn't ever leave her seat either, so everyone had a nice flight :-)

    The landing was a bit bouncy in Denver, but not too bad.

    During the flight I watched the first half of Justice League, and finished the second half on the flight to PA.
    Read more