Satellite
  • Day 6

    Fort Kochi and Mattanchery

    December 2, 2017 in India ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    So after 2 days on the beach it's time for some bigger city and street live. Next stop Fort Kochi and Jew town in Kochi.
    The bus from Thrissur stopped far far away from the final destination so local bus it is! It's always lots of fun just running from one bus to other and just asking if this one is the right one. But! They have ferries here! Wow I have to try it and it's really cheap. The combination of local bus and ferry cost me 12Rs otherwise the bus between main bus stand and Fort Kochi is around 40. Kochi is basically huge harbour so the big ships are everywhere and also the water is really dirty... anyway after couple of minutes I reach my hostel and I have to say I was really lucky. It was only dormitory but when the manager just asked me how long I am practicing yoga even I have my yoga mat hidden in the backpack... and also he knows arsha yoga and Marie so. Yes, this is the right place.
    And it's time to go to observe a city. Fort Kochi is small but different than normal Indian city. It's touristic place but I like small streets and just walking and discover the architecture...
    The second part of Kochi which worth to see is Mattanchery, the Jew part of the town. It's also only small part but really nice, just small streets with shops inside and nice places to take a coffee or juice.
    What I'd recommend is Dal Roti restaurant, traditional indian food (quite hard to find in this touristic place) with really good taste. I had filled Parrota with vegetable, panner and eggs inside and it was really good! And also... I was just sitting there alone and suddenly my friends appeared! The India is quite small, probably.
    Well, that's all from this city. Next morning I just met really nice guy from Barcelona, he said to me that I should come, ok, sure! And with my friends we visited nice magical place for a morning tea!
    Read more