Satellite
  • Day 110

    Sun at Last, Heading South

    December 7, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Our caravan park kindly sent us a message asking if we’d like a late check out of 2pm, so this morning despite the skies still being grey we both had a swim in the resort-style pool before finishing our packing up and continuing our journey south.

    We debated all last night and this morning where we should head to, given we have two nights until we need to be at our next caravan park about two hours drive. We decided to free camp tonight and see if we could move our booking a day earlier - as the weather is finally warming up for the next couple of days before rain is forecast.

    We spent the afternoon checking out the lovely beaches at Mollymook and Ulladulla, eating a picnic lunch with a great view of the foaming waves.

    We also checked out a couple of great viewpoints over nearby headlands and discovered a sea pool that looked very inviting. Next we stopped at a lighthouse also with a spectacular view, and locals told us that breaching whales with calves were seen as recently as last week!

    Our last stop before finding our free camp was at Burrell Lakes where Cadbury enjoyed chasing sticks into the shallow river (the tide was out) and running around Iike a puppy across the sand. We sat for a while on a wooden deck over the water, wrapping Cadbury up in a towel to keep him warm and still.

    Then we drove to the nearby free camp where there was only one other camper. We chilled and eventually cooked a simple dinner before setting down with the TV for a while. When we finally stepped out in the total darkness we were rewarded with a million stars shining up above in the most amazing night sky.

    Good night from under a million stars xx
    Read more