Satellite
  • Day 111

    Aldi at Bateman's Bay & Chill Out Day

    December 8, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    The day was forecast to be a bit gloomy so the plan was to jut stay put and chill out enjoying our campsite directly on the river front.

    I decided to get up early (for me) and head half an hour north to Bateman’s Bay, where the nearest Aldi store was, as I wanted one of the special items coming out today - the soda stream. I’ve thought about getting one for a long time, and I think it could be useful on the road as well as at home.

    I spent a long time shopping, at Aldi and Coles, to get a few things on my list not at Aldi, and was pleased to find Gadi’s favourite fodmap-friendly bread at Baker’s Delight, as the last few stores had run out.

    I also got a large coffee and enjoyed drinking it slowly, savouring time out on my own in this pretty riverside town. Unfortunately, the coffee did not agree with my guts, and let me tell you it’s not fun holding on when you are driving half an hour til the next town!

    The rest of the day passed uneventfully, as we relaxed outside by the river and had a swim and spa mid afternoon, followed by more chilling outside watching life on the river.

    We gave the soda stream a whirl, trying out some plain soda and some flavored soda.

    Gadi heated up a quiche and some veggies for dinner and we sat outside enjoying watching the colours around us deepen and intensify. It’s simple moments like this that you hold on to when life gets hectic and unpredictable.

    Time to head inside, shower and see what’s on Telly.

    Night night from Moruya xx
    Read more