Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Loch Lomond to Glasgow

    May 25, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    We headed off from Edinburgh at 8.30am, this seems to be the usual departure time from all our hotels so far which is good as you get a little sleep in and plenty of time to enjoy breakfast.

    We travelled via Bannockburn with a leisurely visit to the tourist centre which provides folks a history lesson on the 1314 Battle of Bannockburn.

    The surrounding grounds of the visitor centre were green and lush and to my happiness, filled with people walking the dogs. We stopped for a photo shot of Stirling Castle and enjoyed the scenery of the Trossachs.

    One of our optional experiences today was a visit to the Medieval Doune Castle. The castle overlooked the beautiful village of Doune and was famous for its association with Monty Python. The castle was also a film location for Game of Thrones and the show Outlander.

    We stopped for a quick bite to eat in the little town of Callender at the local Crown Hotel before traveling along the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond. The weather unfortunately was wet and overcast today so not much time was spent walking. We arrived at Glasgow late in the afternoon, we are staying in central Glasgow at the Radisson Blu hotel.
    Read more