Satellite
  • Day 1

    YWG to SAN DIEGO

    December 30, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    After a hectic few weeks of Christmas activities and family visitors it was time for our annual escape to warmer climes. In order to avoid getting up at 4 am for our 6:45 am flight, we stayed overnight at the Four Points Hotel right at YWG. Unfortunately, JS got up to the bathroom 3 times that night and then woke me up at 4:30 to go to the airport, which was just across the street. This kind of defeated the whole purpose of staying at the airport to get a good night’s sleep!

    It was an uneventful flight to Calgary and then onwards to San Diego. Despite that, JS’s airport anxiety was at a peak with him swearing that this was his last trip anywhere. If he would only follow the security rules that are well known to him life would be much easier. The security scanner broke down just as it was our turn to get screened so that certainly didn’t help. His frustration leads to obnoxiousness and I predict that one day he will be denied boarding!

    We arrived in San Diego at noon and took the public bus downtown to Springhill Suites, our home for the next 3 days. We had a relaxing walk along the harbour front and a delicious fresh seafood meal. The warm, sunny weather was short-lived as the next 2 days were cool, windy and rainy. We watched the New Year’s Eve Holiday Bowl parade from the 5th floor patio of our hotel but it was disappointing because the huge balloons had to be tethered down due to the strong winds.
    Read more