Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 82

    Fraser Island (day 11)

    October 6, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    On our second day in paradise Bente and I got up at 5am and together we went to the beach (you should never go there alone because of the dingoes) to watch the sunrise over the ocean. 💕
    It was definitely worth it and breakfast was at 6:30am anyway.
    After breakfast we got back into our bus and made our way to Lake Birrabeen. Bumpy is an understatement for the ride but again we had a lot o fun.
    The lake was more than beautiful with its crystal clear blue water and white sand (if I, who would normally not even put a foot in a lake, go for a swim it needs to be a freaking special lake) and the water is actually really healthy because it contains the tea tree oil from the surrounding eucalyptus trees.
    It made our skin and hair really soft which was another added bonus.
    After a swim and some fun games in the lake we sadly had to leave (none of us wanted to).
    We drove into the rainforest (again fun ride) where we eventually went for a 2km walk. The walk was through the rainforest was amazing.
    There even was a liana swing which naturally formed and can actually carry your weight.
    Never in my life have I seen trees that massive which was really impressive.
    Our walk ended with a picnic in the forest after which it was sadly time to go back to the ferry.
    Our journey ended in Brisbane again and we truly had the most magnificent two days in paradise. 💕
    Read more