Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Rest day in Pamplona

    September 17, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    It was wonderful this morning to wake up knowing we could have a lie in and rest our slightly tired legs even though they have a long way to go!
    We had a late breakfast , pastries cafe con leche and a freshly squeezed orange juice which they do beautifully over here. Then it was find a laundromat and let the men set to work. Lee took over the laundry duties where he was making new friends in the laundromat as you do.
    Jane Brian and I walked the old walls and city of Pamplona , visited a slightly strange art exhibition and enjoyed a quiet Sunday morning strolling through the parks and streets .
    We all then went to a famous Pamplona cafe Iruna where Earnest Hemmingway wrote his books and its a totally beautiful cafe. We decided to splurge out on a $50.00 per person 3 course meal with 2 bottles of Spanish wine. So after a long lunch enjoying the food wine and ambience it was decided we had to find an Irish bar to watch the Aus Fiji game. After walking for 30 minutes we finally found the bar to discover that they would not be playing the rugby! Big sighs all round but managed to get back to the hotel to find a bar just along and where Brian persuaded the bar men to change the channel from Football to rugby!
    What a game and in the end most of the bar were watching it with us!
    Now it's early bed with a 25 km walk tomorrow and quite a climb ahead. All in happy spirits. Buen camino
    Read more