Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Toradillos to Bercianos

    October 3, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Due to technological difficulties somewhere in Spain I couldn't send my blog from my tablet so rewriting on my phone.
    Anyway today has been a great day with an early start of 630 am and a walk of 24 km.
    It was going to be a hot day so before 8 am we had walked about 7 km.
    Desperate for breakfast we came along by accident a delightful cafe in Sabln Nicholas . Full of memorabilia and a gorgeous old piano we had our coffee and croissants! The coffe was great
    On we walked to Sahagun which is quite a special place as it marks the half way point if the Camino! Take a bow our team if eight.
    Lovely town with lots if churches and monuments to people we will never know!
    But it was pretty and the coffees again were good.
    On we walked and the temperatures rose but luckily we had a lot of shade from old old trees. After 23 km we came across Bercianos. A sleepy little town with its crumbly buildings but I have to say we have had such a fun night.
    After our siesta we wandered the village. Wine was being pressed and a bottle of fresh grape juice given to us. Then a look at the local potanque competition.
    To end the evening we had dinner with a Dutch man called Toon . He was turning 70 and we were all in tears as he told us of his wife's death at 42 of cancer. Needless to say we had birthdday songs and comforted him. I guess that is the true magic of the Camino, not just the scenery but the characters we meet and we are sharing the same experiences.
    As I wrote this Brian is chatting to yet another pilgrim and the cafe humming.
    Time for bed
    Read more