Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    San Nicolas Albergue Day 1

    April 14 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    So, my first day working. We had about 36 pilgrims. This is the perfect job for someone who is interested in statistics for sure!!

    The routine is to open the locked door and gate by 5:30 and be available to help the pilgrims with anything that may come up. They leave by 8 am.

    Next we strip the beds of any paper sheets that were used and empty the garbage.

    We wash down each mattress with disinfectant. There are 2 bunk beds per room with a few larger rooms that have 3.

    We sweep and mop the floors.

    I really enjoy this as I can listen to my music and podcasts etc..

    We then have a break until we open at 1 pm.

    The first shift is 1-4 pm, and the other is 4 pm to 7 pm although Pilgrims will arrive up until we lock the doors at 10:30 pm

    We register each Pilgrim in a book including their Passport or DIN number , name, walking or cycling, where they started their Camino, and where the stayed the night before. We then assign a bed for them and needless to say most want the lower (baja) one and not the top ( arriba).🥴 We do the best we can.

    We do offer a woman's and a men's wing which I think is great😉

    So far so good🤞🙏🍀
    I am working with Jolguin (He reminds me of Opa ( Kurt's Dad)

    Isobel is from Montreal. Gilberto and Jolguin are both from Espana. Gilberto speaks only Spanish . Jolguin is learning English with Duolingo 😉 He also speaks some French and Italian but Spanish is his native language.
    Read more