Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Moorea, French Polynesia

    January 24 in French Polynesia ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    Scott's 50th birthday today! We arrived at the island of Moorea early morning. It was s short distance by sea from Bora Bora. It's Scott's birthday today, so we did well making it a great day and beating his 'fish' story from Bora Bora.
    We headed out for our long excursion to the island on a tinder boat again and met our local guides for almost a full day in the sun and ocean of Moorea. We just wore our water shoes, swimsuits since we would be in the sand and water most of the day.
    They took us around the beautiful blue water coastline while watching for dolphins, turtles and sharks. We did not see any and could not snorkel or get into the ocean due to winds and very strong currents.
    We then went to a beach for lunch and some time there in the ocean. We did not expect to see the birds diving for fish. Scott was in the water with a baby shark, turtle and some small fish. It was amazing how close you can get to them and see through the clear blue water.
    Then back to the ship to relax to get the sand and salt off of us and relax in the hot and cold spa.
    Birthday dinner at 7 in the Italian restaurant on the ship.
    Read more