Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    מגדלור פיסטרה

    May 14, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    הלהיט הגדול של פיסטרה היא בכלל לא בעיירה, אלא כמה קילומטרים מחוצה לה במתחם המגדלור. הגעתי לשם רק בסביבות 17:00 אחרי השנ״צ שלי וההליכה הארוכה, וכפי שאפשר לראות עדיין היה מואר ויפהפה.

    לגמרי במקרה פגשתי שם את Bomi Chon מדרום קוריאה שהתחילה את הקמינו ביחד איתי באותו היום, ואפילו לנו באותו האלברגה (הראשון!) בסן-ז׳אן. היא הגיעה לפיסטרה ברגל בהליכה של שלושה ימים עם קוריאנית נוספת שפגשתי לפני בורגוס.
    שנינו היינו בהלם להיפגש שם. זה פשוט היה מדהים. עד אז לא הצטלמתי בכלל הם הקומפוסטלה ותעודת הקילומטראז׳ שלי, וכשפגשתי אותה הרגשתי שזה המקום הנכון לעשות זאת, ושהיא האדם המתאים לצלם. היא טענה שהתמונה גרועה מבחינת התאורה, לדעתי היא טועה וטוב שלא הקשבתי לה! מאוחר יותר הצטלמנו גם באנדרטת הנעל ובנקודת האפס ביחד — התקשיתי לבחור את התמונות אז השארתי רבות מהן.

    יש כאן ההסבר מתוך נקודת התצפית Monte de Facho.

    Between the Cape Fisterra and the Cape Touriñán, westernmost points of Galicia, we can witness the last sunset of mainland Europe.

    Since ancient times, in pre-christian culture and before the arrival of the Romans, an Ara Solis has existed here where Celtic druids, probably, celebrated their rituals dedicated to the sun. The expansion of the Roman Empire reached these ends of the world, and that is how the denomination of this place as finis terrae was born, the site where the Romans believed that the Earth ended.

    This coastal arch, which was popularly denominated Costa da Morte due to the danger of its waters, needed a lighthouse that would help ships to choose the correct route, which ended up becoming another one of the most prominent elements of this scenery. In the same way, the falling of the sun guided the pilgrims to the temple of Santiago the Apostle. Following their journey through Compostela, thousands of pilgrims did not hesitate in continuing their route to the place where the sun disappears, merging itself into the ocean, to put an end to their adventure.

    Today, with the same emotion of those who preceded us, thousands of people continue coming to this magical place in search of the last sunset.
    Read more