Satellite
  • Day 91

    Puyehue Aguas Calientes

    December 29, 2017 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    After the rafting, we drove along the East shore of Llanquihue lake towards the North. There were many viewpoints of the lake and the volcanoes along the way but it was raining and not much was visible beyond about 5-10 mts, so we skipped them. We drove about 100 kms to Puyehue where there are hot springs. We had planned to stay somewhere there and go to the hot springs the next day. We reached at abound 5 pm. There was only one hotel there and it was extremely expensive. The cabañas very very beautiful though. They were made of wood and looked like chalets in some ski resort. Each had its own hot water tub outside in front of the cabin. The price at 150000 CLP per cabin for 4 was prohibitive though.
    We decided to look around for some other place. A bit further, there were igloo like huts in the jungle but we couldn't find their reception. Eventually, we met a lady there who told these were part of the same hotel amd cost the same. The nearest hotel was 20 kms up the mountain but that too was closed due to off season for skiing. We decided to drive back and find a place to stay as near as possible.
    There was one more spa hotel 5 kms away but that too was quite expensive so we drove further.
    Read more