Satellite
  • Day 133

    Barrio Abajo

    February 9, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    This day also, we didn't have anything planned during the day. The only event Baila la Calle (Dancing on the Street) was starting at 7 in the evening. Maria and Hristo planned to stay a bit longer at the hotel in the morning. They needed to fix Maria's return ticket to London. She had been forced to buy a return ticket when she was about to board the flight to Santiago on her way from UK. The Argentina Aerolíneas had given her no other option and had wanted her to book a return ticket while still in Madrid. This, despite the fact that she was not even stopping in Argentina and had showed them her onward journey to Santiago, Chile. She had bought a return ticket from Santiago to London and had managed to come. We had tried to get it canceled and get a refund a couple of times during the trip but it had not worked out. Now, with the return in a few days, they had to get it canceled and get a refund. I decided to go to the Barrio Abajo which we had not been able to reach the day before and do some shopping for the carnival while they decided to fix the tickets and join me later during the day.
    On the way, I made a deviation and passed through the venue for the night's program just to get an idea about the entrances and the fees, so as not to repeat the previous day's mistake 😉 During the day, the preparation for the night were ongoing. The stalls were being built and barricades being erected. The buntings and streamers gave it a festive look, just the people were missing. Strangely, none of the volunteers helping out in the preparation had a clue how many entrances there will be and how much would be the cost 🤤🤤 Most did say that they most probably, it would be a free entrance. In any case, I walked from one end to the other to get an idea how big the area was amd where all the entrances could be.
    Read more