Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Praslin

    January 12, 2017 on the Seychelles ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    On Praslin there are also very nice hotels, big, small, boutique hotel, guest house, luxury hotel: there is something for everyone. My favourites were here Le Duc de Praslin and Constance Lemuria. Le Duc is a boutique hotel nicely decorated with the work of local artists, a tropical little garden, a cool surf style beach bar and tapas bar with amazing view of the bay, where you have live music and entertainment almost every day.
    Constance Lemuria is a classical posh golf hotel, with an 18 hole golf course, 3 different beaches (all of them beautiful), great restaurants, a nice spa and luxurious rooms.

    Praslin is also home to the famous “Vallee de Mai” National Park. Unique to Vallee de Mai and to Praslin is the “Coco de Mer” - or Coco de Fesse: it’s a butt shaped coconut. It’s illegal to poach these coconuts. It’s possible to buy them - they are very very expensive and each of them has a barcode. It’s the Louis Vuitton, or the Manolo Blahnik of the coconuts. I remember there is a shop on Eden Island also, where you can buy them. By the way Eden Island is not far from the airport of Victoria, on Mahe Island. It is a man made island where you have a shopping centre, a yacht harbour, some good cafes and restaurants, a hotel called Eden Bleu and also you can buy property there.
    Since this was a business visit with site inspection and tight program, I couldn’t visit the national park yet, so later I will tell you more about Praslin.
    Read more