Satellite
  • Day 17

    Home Safely

    January 8, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    We decided to sneak in one more night on the way home and put off the washing and unpacking for a bit longer. It was predicted to be 41C so we thought the coast might be a better option and booked at Warranambool. On the drive from Port McDonnell we stopped at Nelson, there is not a lot there other than the mouth of Glenelg river. The temperature climbed to 41 for most of the trip so we didn't venture too far from the car.

    We arrived at the caravan park and set up the camper, as it was still so hot we decided to head to an air conditioned cafe for lunch. It was a good choice as we bought a painting which appealed as well as a sandwich. We had made a plan to continue the air conditioned theme by heading to the movies. Of course everyone in Warrnambool had the same idea and the movie was sold out. Thankfully the cool change decided to arrive and so heading back to the camp was more appealing.

    We had a walk along the beach which is a lovely safe swimming beach and very busy. There are 3 very large camping grounds all along the beach and they were all packed out. Dinner was everything left in the fridge and it was a quiet night. Next morning we packed up early and headed away. TomTom took us on the country route with every roadworks in the area. We had breakfast at Terang which is a quiet country town.

    Arrived home early afternoon and unpacked all the wine we had bought - a bit more than I had expected, Amazing how it all adds up. We had a fabulous time and felt very relaxed which is the sign of a good break. Now we just have to plan where to head next.
    Read more