Satellite
  • Day 4

    Christmas Day

    December 24, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Christmas Eve
    We started early with a trip down to the fishing boats at 7:30am to see if we could get some prawns. The first boat had all theirs pre ordered and sent us to the co-op which supposedly had a boat unloading. After a wait for the doors to open I was lucky enough to snap up a kilo bag. More than I needed but I was not going to quibble. We decided while we were out to brave the supermarket as well. Everything done and dusted by 9am. The supermarket was sure getting busy by the time we left.

    Not long after that the weather closed in and most of the day was heavy cloud and passing showers. We pretty much surrendered to holiday time and got stuck into our books. We braved a walk mid afternoon and then drove to Lake Tyers to meet some friends for a drink. We spent a very pleasant couple of hours catching up looking out to sea. Back to the van for dinner and a relatively early night.

    Christmas Day
    A lovely lazy morning responding to lots of messages from NZ and then a delicious breakfast. We went for a long walk into town and out to the beach and then a drive up to the lookout to get some photos of the view that took my breathe away on the day we arrived. Lunch was simple spring vegetables with steak for Regan and prawns for me (so worth the early get up). We also enjoyed a delicious sparkling Shiraz from our Christmas trip to South Australia 2 years ago.

    Very lazy afternoon enjoying the sun, icecreams and Regan braved a swim. Simple tea of sandwiches I think and Regan will enjoy his family recipe trifle. We have also started to pack up as tomorrow we move to stop two at Eden. Expecting heaps of traffic so will take our time. Merry Christmas to you all from the caravan couple. Xx
    Read more