Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Day 8 - day off

    October 3, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Today was our first break from work so we made the most of it. It's funny how we can fill in a day when there is little to do. After breakfast in bed (we never do that) we had a leisurely morning reading and talking to a friend. We also did some basic housework as there is no cleaning done by the hotel for the duration of our stay. But of course whatever we request arrives at our door soon afterwards. Sheets, towels, teabags, toilet paper all delivered with a smile.

    The afternoon was similar except that we had our 45 minutes exercise booked. The army guys looking after us on the roof exercise area were really relaxed and were happy to let us do 55 minutes before the next bunch of people arrived. The weather was fine and sunny and the fresh air is really good for the mind and attitude. Regan continued his running and skipping and Julie powered around the circuit listening to a podcast. Regan still managed to complete his step goal of 11000 steps per day even in isolation.

    Some of the inmates were released late in the afternoon. The lobby gets closed to everyone else for an hour or so. We managed to watch a few leaving and was great to see the hugs from the people being collected. Just like the airport arrivals hall plus 14days!

    Another catchup with friends and family later on in the day and then it was over. Food was as good as ever but we are now eating a little more sensibly and not devouring all that is served.
    Read more