Satellite
  • Day 103

    NEW YORK CITY, USA

    July 11, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    USA!!! ❤️ Taking a bite of the Big Apple. Thanks to the London time difference we have been up at 4am- and it's kind of nice to be out and about before The City That Never Sleeps wakes up. Staying in Manhattan. Doing the usual tourist stuff: Staten Island Ferry to view the Statue of Liberty, saw the 9/11 Memorial (actually quite sobering), walked through Times Square, played in Central Park (aptly dubbed the NY Tree Museum by Buz), took a cab, took the subway, and getting in a good amount of steps on the Fitbit. Still so much to tick off the list! Leonard Cohen songs running through my head, and Buz has been playing Sinatra. Oh, and how could I forget: American shopping! 😁. After wearing the same clothes for 4 months it is a real treat to not only get new clothes, but to find pants that fit a vertically challenged person with an American butt! Even Buz, Zach, & Jesse found some new duds and I was a lucky lady to be surrounded by such handsome men at the deli last night!

    TUESDAY
    NYC was fun! I love big cities: interesting people watching and an endless to-do list. The boys prefer the country- something about dirty streets, weird smells, second-hand smoke, and crowds with many 'interesting' people. Still, we all enjoyed ourselves. We ticked a lot of the boxes in addition to those already mentioned- walking over Brooklyn Bridge, Museum of Natural History, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Grand Central Station... and of course we watched France win the World Cup. Highlight was the Museum of Natural History- wow! Dinosaur bones, African animal exhibit, so many hands-on science experiments and a cool movie about the Big Bang Theory.
    Read more