Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Tromsø back where we started

    April 10 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    Another look at Tromso and farewell to the Arctic again. Time to think about packing and the next journey. We will have to be off the ship by 8:30 so our cases need to be packed tonight and left out to be collected.

    We did not choose our excursion for the day very well, definitely the worst of the trip. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is great, I would rank this zero. It seemed like a good idea at the time. An inflatable fast boat with an outdoor motor better suited to Wanaka, New Zealand rather than Tromso. On top of that the weather is overcast and raining. We have little information as to what to expect. We have to first climb into some safety gear, which if we fall in the water and with a life preserver we will be able to be retrieved.

    The RIB but it takes us out around the various islands around Tromso. I feel sorry for the French because they cannot hear the driver and even if they could his commentary is very difficult to understand because of his accent. It is a seriously unpleasant excursion for which we have paid quite a lot of money. Grateful for the fact that the French are very good at complaining, so I don't expect it will continue to be on the itinerary. It's freezing cold and I spend most of the journey with my head in my hands behind the driver to protect myself from the weather. I think everybody is relieved when it's all over.

    It is disappointing to end the trip in this way. However, we have had some excellent excursions and one bad one is okay.
    Read more