Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Triacastela to Sarria

    May 30, 2022 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    I had a great night’s sleep - everyone was happy to have the window open and what a difference it makes to have fresh air in a crowded dormitory! The bar opened early so I was able to have breakfast before starting. This really helps because ibuprofen is keeping me going and you can’t have it on an empty stomach. Unfortunately it wears off after about 4 hours and it’s too soon for the next dose. So the last bit starts to become painful again, but manageable.

    It was a very long climb out of Triacastela and a very steep descent towards Sarria. But today was one of the prettiest walks so far. It was like walking through a rainforest, lots of shade and mossy banks. Really beautiful. We also went through lots of tiny villages where the people have dairy farms. There weren’t any services for about 7 kms until a vending machine suddenly appeared in a very unlikely place. A Coke and a packet of chips has become a regular snack. And then around the next bend was a donativo stall with fresh hard boiled eggs and fruit. You never know what to expect. We were very lucky with the weather as the roads in Sarria were very wet but we had only the slightest drizzle. I have a private room tonight so will have an early night as tomorrow will be another hilly day.

    El Bordon de la Casa Batallon
    20kms
    Read more