Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Santiago to Muxia

    June 6, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    I had another relaxing morning laying in bed and looking out of my window to the skyline near the Cathedral. Sandra and I later walked to the bus station and caught the service to Muxia, about 90 minutes away. The weather was grey and misty and the weather app predicted 100% chance of rain all day. But when we reached the coast the sun magically appeared and the sky was blue. We are staying in lovely private rooms at Bela Muxia (another of Narelle’s exceptional recommendations).

    Muxia is beautiful. There are ocean and bay views from all directions. We scrambled up a huge hill behind our accommodation and the view was amazing (my foot is finally getting better - not quite, but enough to get around more easily). We then walked along the seaside which is lined with restaurants and chose one that specialised in Galician local seafood. It was delicious and we will try another one tomorrow. Then a quick trip to the supermarket for something easy for dinner. We finished the day by watching a pair of seagulls and their three chicks on the roof across from us. Another great day!

    Bela Muxia
    9 kms
    Read more