Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 165

    Taganga

    May 5, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    I thought it was time to delve back into diving and properly check out the Caribbean sea. I decided to do a short one night stop to the small fishing town of Taganga.

    Accommodation: Divanga Hostel. It's run by a lovely french woman called Lucy. They also run the diving school so booking everything was very easy. It's a little gem.

    I had a great surprise on arrival as my friend Kim had also just checked in. Kim and I met in Cartagena and saw each other again at the party at El Rio. We were trying to link up again to do a jungle stay but it didn't quite work out with my Palomino dates. It was really great to have her here in Taganga and I instantly regretted only booking one night.
    We went out for dinner to a very popular restaurant called Pachamama. It was one the best meals I've had in a really long time. I had cod in a saffron sauce with a chorizo crumb!
    The following morning I booked a fun dive which consisted of two dives for £45. I hadn't done any diving since I was in Australia five years ago so I was a little nervous. My instructor was great and ran through all the basics with me again. I saw gorgeous stretches of reef and even a tiger fish. Typically I got sea sick while on the boat so I really didn't enjoy the time between the dives. It was very rocky and windy and I had to almost throw myself overboard with sea sickness. To my horror, several people had to go into the sea to wash puke off them. When I apologised profusely, they reassured me that it was actually from some other poor girl at the far end of the boat.
    Once back on shore I met Kim again for a post dive lemonade and had a goats cheese salad lunch at Pachamama. I left Taganga in the afternoon to head to my night bus in Santa Marta to take me to Medellin. I met Evie and Ben again at the bus station to do our next travel leg together.
    Read more