Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 4 as Pilgrims

    April 10 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    What an amazing day. The weather was beautiful - cool in the morning and sunny. We had a light breakfast in the hotel and set off along the beachfront, through the town of Neda and bought fresh bread and ham along the way. We easily picked up signs for the Camino and off we went towards Betanzos. We saw quite a few other pilgrims today and we greeted each other with the customary ‘buen Camino’.
    We actually ate our lunch at a bus stop and shortly afterwards, after slogging up a particularly long and steep uphill, we ran across a man who had set up a little pop-up snack bar. We stopped for Fanta and lemonade and sat in the shade. We heard English voices and struck up a conversation with Chris and Mark and then Kay from New Zealand joined us. We walked in close proximity for the rest of the afternoon. When we reached Betanzos we went our separate ways to our accommodation but arranged to meet up with Mark and Chris later. We enjoyed a couple of beers and dinner of Tortilla Betanzos, croquets, and steak with them. They are staying in an albergue tonight but funnily they will be moving into our apartment tomorrow and staying an extra day. All in all a very good day.
    Read more