Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 6 as Pilgrims

    April 12 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    The convent life suited us well. We slept well and ate well. We were dropped off in Presedo, where we ended yesterday and began walking to Hospital de Bruma. I need to research why the town is called that.
    I have to admit feeling nervous this morning knowing that today we would face our biggest climb yet. The weather was gorgeous and for the first couple of hours the path was delightful. Along country lanes and through forested areas with the birds singing and all the beautiful country smells. We came across Kay from New Zealand who we have seen a few times and she was waiting for a couple from North Carolina to catch up. After a quick Orange Fanta (my new favorite) the climbing began but honestly, even though it was steep and long, it wasn’t as brutal as I had dreaded. We made it to Casa Avelina which is owned by Mary Carmen, who is famous for her amazing hospitality, in time for lunch. She brings small stools for your feet and plies you with appetizers and cookies and is just wonderful. It was only about 2.5 kilometers further then to our albergue.
    We ate dinner just down the road and ran into Mark and Chris, our friends from two nights ago and also Dennis from the Netherlands and Maryanne from Germany. Then a Chinese influencer joined us for awhile. Everyone is so friendly. I don’t think I took enough photos today.
    Read more