Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 7 as Pilgrims

    April 13 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Our first stay in an Albergue was wonderful, although we did pick a posh one where we had our own private room and bathroom. We ate breakfast along the way at Cafe Uzal, coffee and croissants. Kay showed up with the North Carolinians whilst we were there (still don’t know their names)!! There was a sculpture garden across from the cafe with a dinosaur and other interesting things.
    We stopped again at Cafe Novo for Fanta. There is no accommodation in Poulo so we walked a further 2.5 kilometers to the town of Ordes to Hotel Alda Camino Ingles. We ate the equivalent of a cream tea for lunch and then we chatted with two Canadians whilst we waited to check in.
    Our room is basic but lovely and spotlessly clean with a beautiful view and lovely light. We went off to find dinner after a nap and a shower. We chose A Campana and we were not disappointed. The first course was a stir fry of mushrooms, shrimp, and octopus, followed by sliced ribeye which we cooked ourselves at the table with salad and fries. Dessert was cheesecake. As a surprise (there is always a surprise) we got to choose a liquor each.
    We took a stroll around town and are ready to crash now 😴
    Read more