Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Later on the birthday day

    May 8, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    After our amazing breakfast we set up on our loungers for the day. The weather is perfect, slight breeze and very still water. Lots of swims and reading.
    Lunch was on our loungers, shared some no-names and Pad Thai, then more swimming and lounging before going to the pool for a change of scenery. The pool is really lovely, but quite warm even though it is really deep. It was a bit sunny there so back to the loungers. I went for a lovely foot massage while David swam and relaxed.
    Then it was time to get ready for dinner. Spruced up a bit, finished the champagne on the balcony and wandered down to Krua Thai for dinner only to find it closed until 10 May. So back we came and settled on Pecore Nero for an Italian dinner. Shared a starter of raw tuna and avo, (with glasses of Verdeca from Puglia) then shared a Gondola pizza, mushroom and olives (with glass of Negromara). The chilli oil was super hot and lovely. Finished off with a complimentary shot of chocolate rum, delicious.
    It was only about 7.30 by this stage, plenty of time to wander down to the cocktail bar on the beach. Mai Tai for me and a Caprinha for David. Lovely cocktail with feet in the sand, a lovely way to end the birthday.
    Read more