Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 4 - A day at SALA

    May 8, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Today is our day at SALA, the fancy resort next door. I slept in today but David did his usual run, swim, swim and then off to breakfast. Well, disappointment. The buffet is back, no rice soup for me. But the fruit and omelette and spring rolls and noodles and toast did the trick.
    Back to the room to organise ourselves for our trip next door and do the blog, then headed off to SALA at 10am. They were very lovely, set us up with lovely thick soft towels on a double day bed under the palms. This will do very nicely! Kept coming around with fresh glasses of iced water which is a nice touch. We swam in the adults only pool, beautiful. Aperol spritz at midday, then up to the restaurant for lunch at 1.
    We have been chasing traditional Thai fish cakes so we shared that as a starter and they were as good as could be, delicious. Then shared a squid dish, raw tuna dish and a beetroot tempura prawn dish with quinoa. All very delicious with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
    Back to the loungers for more rest and swimming before I declared to David that I was not leaving.
    Reality snuck in, and I said I would leave for a cocktail down the beach at the recently found beach club, so we packed up, paid the bill and headed off for cocktails. What a great day.
    We arrived back at our room to find the aircon not working, and it is really hot here at the moment. Unfortunately the maintenance man has knocked off so it will need to be fixed tomorrow. They gave us keys to another room to sleep in which is fine, so now we are spread across two rooms.
    Across the road to Mother restaurant for dinner which was lovely, then home to a new and cool room for a good sleep ready for more beach tomorrow.
    Read more