Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 10

    Heading home

    13. Mai 2023 in Australien ⋅ 🌬 26 °C

    A hassle free transfer to the airport from our resort and the Bangkok Air flight was super efficient and well run. Bangkok airport (I won’t try to spell it) is enormous and combines domestic and international. The transfer to international was seamless and off we went looking for our lounge. A short deviation for duty free then we found the Emirates Lounge (recommended over the Qantas suggested lounge by Point Hacks) and it was a lovely lounge. Quiet and great service at every turn. Lots of food choices- both hot and cold - inc cakes, dips cheeses etc. A limited but classy wine selection and any number of spirit options. QF 24 to Sydney was relatively close by and left on time. Service was good and the flight was long (and cold). A very quick security clearance and we decided to try the outside shuttle (rather than the Qantas shuttle which has been a bit tedious in the past.) Qantas domestic was not a shuttle option outside so we returned to the Qantas shuttle - it was fine.
    I continue this in the SYD Qantas Domestic Business Lounge. Kerry leaves for Adelaide at 8.50am (delayed to 9am) and I head the other way at 9.45 meaning we both get home at a reasonable hour. Kerry’s plane ended up not taking off and returned to the gate for navigation issues. They fixed them and we take off at about the same time. Kerry reported she landed about 1 1/2 hours ahead of me and all good. Likewise my transfer home was very quick (have to love carry on) and likewise settled in. Thanks for following our Choeng Mon holiday. While we did nothing it was everything and we both enjoyed our time immensely. It is hard to imagine we won’t go back for a repeat!
    Weiterlesen