Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Casa del Arbol (Arrival in Banos)

    May 7, 2023 in Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    After saying goodbye to Karina and Shannon (sad to see them leave as we were having so much fun but excited to hear about all their adventures in Costa Rica and Panama), we departed Latacunga for Banos. The drive was just as chaotic as last time (only a Spanish version of The Terminator was playing). Our hotel is very beautiful with rooftop hammocks and foosball (I smoked Angus 😂). We took some time to have lunch and relax before leaving at 4pm for Casa Del Arbol.

    We boarded an open bus that allowed for epic views of the surrounding mountains and volcanos. Our first stop was at an adventure park where Angus and I decided to go on this epic swing thing (see video). It was such a fun experience and the view was just stunning... Although it did give Angus a slight heart attack! We then continue to Casa Del Arbol where we got to swing on 'the swing at the end of the world'. The guy pushing you literally jumps as high as he can in the air and he gave me a lot of extra spins because I was having so much fun. We explored the park while watching the sun set over the mountains. It was quite the view.

    We then boarded the bus home where the driver had blasted the music and turned on party lights. This Argentinian couple behind us and some of the other passengers all started dancing and partying the whole way home! It was quite the experience.
    Read more